- Fables at Morning Top
Fables at Morning Top
Antique 1910s Edwardian shirtwaist with simple and beautiful floral motif embroidery along front, ties in back of waist, and tulle lace flounces on sleeves that match the lace collar. Does not have closures/buttons and there are no button holes. We have shown it here tied at the waist. It would look lovely as an over jacket over a pretty antique camisole. The option is yours to add button holes and buttons.
- era: 1910s / Edwardian
- measurements: 17" length / up to 34" bust / 16" shoulders / 19" sleeves / sleeve width at wrist: 4" (approx 8" wrist circumference)
- sizing: best fits an xs/s - not recommended if larger than a C cup
- material: lightweight cotton / feels like cotton batiste
- condition: excellent vintage condition / minor repairs needed on lace on sleeves (needs quick stitch to reattach in some areas)
Buying & Wearing Antique Clothing: Garments over 100 years old should be worn and handled with care and it is normal for small signs of wear and tear to appear. This is a wearable garment and should be gently hand washed in room temperature water with delicate detergent and laid flat to dry.
We have 0 left in stock!
Adored Vintage is an online women's clothing retail boutique established in 2012 for modern romantic women, our kindred spirits. If you love timeless, feminine, and romantic styles inspired by vintage clothing, then we hope you've found a home here at Adored Vintage.
With new arrivals every week of feminine vintage inspired dresses, romantic tops, and effortless feminine styles, we're sure you'll find something to adore here in our little nook.
Our shop has often been described as romantic French style meets simple countryside (we're into it!). You'll love shopping here if you adore soft neutral colors for your wardrobe. Adored Vintage is for you if you have a penchant for ditsy floral print dresses, breezy cotton peasant tops, and midi skirts in classic colors and patterns.
In 2020 we expanded our online offerings to include gifts, cards, stationery, sundries, and dried flowers.
Welcome to Adored Vintage kindred spirit. We're so glad you're here.
- Wash your clothes less. Get into the habit of wearing your clothes more than once before laundering. This will not only extend the life of your garments but will probably lower your utility bills!
- Wear a slip with your garments to keep your garments cleaner longer (in most cases it takes much less water/resources to launder a slip than it does a garment)
- Avoid wearing harsh deodorants and opt for natural deodorant when possible.
- Pay close attention to the care labels for your garments! Most of the garments we sell recommend hand wash and hang dry and we wholeheartedly agree! If you want to extend the life of your garments, follow the care instructions on the label.
- Use cold water to launder your garments, hot water can deconstruct the fibers of your garments more and also can cause shrinkage.
- If using a washing machine, only wash full loads of laundry and wash on gentle cycle.
- Hang garments to dry (every Adored Vintage girl loves seeing clothes on a line!) Dryers can really be rough on your garments (that lint trap is literally bits of your clothes as it slowly falls apart!)
- Spot clean garments immediately
- Hand wash your clothing as often as possible using gentle detergent.
- Learn simple repair and mend skills to increase the longevity of your garments like sewing buttons, adding hooks and eyes, and reinforcing loose seams.