Hearken to Elegance Gown
antique 1910s Edwardian oxblood silk velvet gown
Recalling a time of fine manners and unparalleled beauty, you step out into the grand hall in this antique 1910s Edwardian gown in deep oxblood plum with individually hand stitched velvet dots. The soft silk velvet panels and silk chiffon flutter delicately as you brush shoulders with the other guests. The candlelight catches the glints of silver grey beading on your dress and for a brief moment you feel as if you're in a fairy tale. The orchestra strikes up your favorite song, and all at once, you find yourself being swept away on the dance floor.
- 55" length / 36"-38" bust / 16" bodice / 27"-29" waist / 15.5" shoulder / 23" sleeve length
- slightly pinned on to size 4 form
- dress has multiple hook and eyes and snaps along bodice and waist for closure, a dress that a lady would have needed assistance putting on (which further tells you this dress once belonged to a lady of considerable means)
- tear on silk velvet panel on lowest portion of dress, could be repaired by expert seamstress (one does wonder if this was caused from a night of dancing...?)
- other than tear, dress is in excellent vintage condition for age, but like most antique garments of this fabrication, should be worn with care
CARING FOR VINTAGE
We recommend hand washing or dry cleaning vintage clothing
BUST: Pass tape measure around body over fullest part of bust. Do not pull tape too tightly and be sure it doesn't slip in the back.
WAIST: Pass tape measure around smaller part of your waist.
HIPS: Take measurement approximate 7" below your natural waistline (smallest part of your waist)