- Tales from Balenchine Dress
Tales from Balenchine Dress
Inspired by storybook tales and a love for ballet, this Spring cream midi dress is perfect for happily ever afters...
Perfect for making a feminine statement, this storybook vintage inspired buttercream midi dress features short puffed sleeves, wide pleat accents on the skirt, and long delicate ties you can wear criss-crossed across the body and wrapped around your waist. This dress is bump friendly since the waist is cut quite loose and open and can be adjusted depending on how you configure the ties.
How To Wear It: We're just a little in love with this pretty dress and can't help but think of fairy tales and ballet. Pair this dress with Mary-Jane ballet flats and keep everything else simple, the dress is quite a subtle statement in and of itself. A pair of sunglasses and soft rose red lips are all you'll need. In cooler months a pair of black opaque tights and multi strap buckle heels channels something Lolita-esque.
- s: 46.5" length / 16.5" bodice / 34" bust / 24"-28" waist ideal / 14" shoulder / 11" sleeve
- m: 47" length / 16.75" bodice / 36" bust / 26"-30" waist ideal / 15" shoulder / 11.25" sleeve
- l: 47.5" length / 17" bodice / 38" bust / 28"-32" waist / 16" shoulder / 11.5" sleeve
- material: 100% cotton / unlined
- hand wash cold / line dry
Fit Notes & Other Info
- Ties are attached to the dress and can be configured in different ways so the dress fits to your liking. Untied, the dress has a loose open cut waist and we have given the ideal waist measurements based on the bust size. We recommend purchasing the size that best fits your bust.
- Size small fits as shown on size 2/4 dress form
We have 0 left in stock!
Adored Vintage is an online women's clothing retail boutique established in 2012 for modern romantic women, our kindred spirits. If you love timeless, feminine, and romantic styles inspired by vintage clothing, then we hope you've found a home here at Adored Vintage.
With new arrivals every week of feminine vintage inspired dresses, romantic tops, and effortless feminine styles, we're sure you'll find something to adore here in our little nook.
Our shop has often been described as romantic French style meets simple countryside (we're into it!). You'll love shopping here if you adore soft neutral colors for your wardrobe. Adored Vintage is for you if you have a penchant for ditsy floral print dresses, breezy cotton peasant tops, and midi skirts in classic colors and patterns.
In 2020 we expanded our online offerings to include gifts, cards, stationery, sundries, and dried flowers.
Welcome to Adored Vintage kindred spirit. We're so glad you're here.
- Wash your clothes less. Get into the habit of wearing your clothes more than once before laundering. This will not only extend the life of your garments but will probably lower your utility bills!
- Wear a slip with your garments to keep your garments cleaner longer (in most cases it takes much less water/resources to launder a slip than it does a garment)
- Avoid wearing harsh deodorants and opt for natural deodorant when possible.
- Pay close attention to the care labels for your garments! Most of the garments we sell recommend hand wash and hang dry and we wholeheartedly agree! If you want to extend the life of your garments, follow the care instructions on the label.
- Use cold water to launder your garments, hot water can deconstruct the fibers of your garments more and also can cause shrinkage.
- If using a washing machine, only wash full loads of laundry and wash on gentle cycle.
- Hang garments to dry (every Adored Vintage girl loves seeing clothes on a line!) Dryers can really be rough on your garments (that lint trap is literally bits of your clothes as it slowly falls apart!)
- Spot clean garments immediately
- Hand wash your clothing as often as possible using gentle detergent.
- Learn simple repair and mend skills to increase the longevity of your garments like sewing buttons, adding hooks and eyes, and reinforcing loose seams.